A career at the Wm. T. Spaeder Company can provide an opportunity for individual growth in a highly effective team environment. For more than 100 years, the women and men who excel at Spaeder have been innovative individuals who gain personal satisfaction from our diverse work environment. If your professional goal is collaborating with a team of talented professionals who take pride in the flawless delivery of quality products and services, come join Spaeder.
To apply for an opportunity, please send a resume and cover letter to Mike Aiello.
Fire Protection Fabricator
Click to see job description and requirements
Assist with fire protection pipe fabrication, material management and delivery coordination.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Operation of fabrication machinery such as cutoff saws, bandsaws, roll groovers, power threading machines, etc.
- Layout/mark pipe for fabrication from design drawings and fabrication lists
- Operate automatic pipe welding machine and plasma cutters
- Hand weld if necessary
- Operate equipment such as fork lifts and delivery trucks with trailers
- Pick stock materials
- Organize materials, fabrication and equipment for shipment to project sites
- Receive material orders from vendors and handles paperwork accordingly
- Load/unload delivery trucks
- General housekeeping miscellaneous shop tasks
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Welding experience
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Excellent time management with the ability to multitask
- Organizational and inventory/materials management skills
- Basic computer knowledge
- Communication skills with excellent ability to interact well with others
- Dependability, flexibility and a positive attitude
This is a perfect opportunity for someone with the requisite experience/background to embark on a new career with a progressive organization. A competitive wage, dependent upon experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package, is available for the successful candidate. All responses will be held in confidence. Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing why you are the right candidate for this position.