A career at the Wm. T. Spaeder Company can provide an opportunity for individual growth in a highly effective team environment. For more than 100 years, the women and men who excel at Spaeder have been innovative individuals who gain personal satisfaction from our diverse work environment. If your professional goal is collaborating with a team of talented professionals who take pride in the flawless delivery of quality products and services, come join Spaeder.
To apply for an opportunity, please send a resume and cover letter to Mike Aiello.
Senior Project Manager - Industrial Division
We are one of Northwest Pennsylvania’s largest mechanical contractors, providing commercial, residential and industrial services in construction, plumbing, HVAC, wastewater/water treatment, fire protection/sprinkler and process piping. The company has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to plan, execute and finalize projects, specifically within the Company’s Industrial Division focusing on piping systems and piping material including ductile iron and plastic.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- defining project scope, goals, and deliverables and overseeing quality control throughout its life cycle
- estimating and acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and subcontractors in order to deliver projects according to plan
- effectively communicating project expectations to team members— site personnel, subcontractors, BIM/VDC Technicians, administrative support, purchasing, warehouse, and accounting personnel
- developing and delivering progress reports, proposals, required documents, and presentations
- proactively managing changes in project scope, identifying potential crises and devising contingency plans
- reviewing and revising job cost reports
- enforcing safe work site practices.
The ideal Project Manager will have earned a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or closely related field from an accredited institution. The preferred candidate must possess a minimum of 10 years’ experience in mechanical contracting, construction or a similar industry. Strong technical skills and an exceptional work ethic are imperative.
The company offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who truly wants to make his or her mark in this dynamic company. Interested and qualified applicants should submit their resume and cover letter explaining why they should be considered. We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Project Assistant - Commercial Division
Provide support and carry out administrative duties by collecting data, sorting, filing, and sending project files to the appropriate personnel, architects, engineers, contractors and vendors. Request bid documents, set up bid folders, update folders with addendums, solicit pricing from vendors and contractors. Send proposals and verify receipts. Notify team members and subcontractors pertaining to project deliverables throughout the project life cycle.
Commercial Division Manager
- Prepare and maintain project folders and files and prepare hard copy documents for the field and fabrication shop
- Set up, maintain, and monitor change order log.
- Set up, maintain, and monitor RFI log.
- Set up, maintain, and monitor subcontract log.
- Confirm contract documents.
- Act as portal for submittals, notices, letters, an other correspondences.
- Distribute CO’s, RFI’s, submittals, notices, letters, etc., to construction team members.
- Assist in the release of equipment upon PM directive.
- Copy and scan O&M, as built, and warranty letters for our records
A Two-Year Degree, majoring in Business Administration, Accounting, or IT
Experience within the Commercial Construction industry, with specific knowledge in the bidding / through close out process for plumbing and HVAC projects.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter with ability to prioritize time effectively.
- Effective organizational and planning skills.
- Working knowledge of operating systems to include a strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, (Bluebeam) document creation and management.